[extropy-chat] intelligent design homework

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 18:36:28 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> >
> > Actually it doesn't solve the chicken and the egg
> > problem, it just pushes it back. Where did the
> > "intelligent designer" come from?
>
> Simple: it was created by a still more intelligent designer.
>
> And so on all the way down.

Exactly: The Simulation Argument. This is our hook for implanting
transhumanist philosophy in the population.

Nor does there need to be an original IDer. The chain of designers
could easily be a loop, given that all universes are indistinguishable
from a closed time-like curve, there could also be a Meta-loop of
universe designers.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com