[extropy-chat] UFO on satellite photo.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 02:15:40 UTC 2005

--- Gina Miller <nanogirl at halcyon.com> wrote:

> Okay here is a zoom in of the object near my house -
> in which you can really see what is going on:
> http://www.nanogirl.com/images/satellite2.jpg
>
> Gina Miller
> www.nanogirl.com

Sheesh, Gina. You, my dear, are why nobody trusts
photographic evidence anymore. ;) This does not bode
well for justice in a transparent society dependent on
security cameras. But that is a separate issue. You
have convincingly shown that it is possible for
someone to have hacked Google maps, doctored the
photo, and uploaded it back onto the site. My question
is this: Since you are really good at doctoring
photos, can you find any flaws in the original
photograph that would indicate that it was doctored as
yours was? Is there any irregularities in the pixels
or whatever that would suggest this?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson