[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 03:02:16 UTC 2005

kevinfreels.com wrote:

>>Fooled twice, huh?  Sad.
>>

>Nope. I haven;t been fooled. Everythign has been turning out just about how
>I expected.

Happy?

>>>I am not a neo-con
>>>

>>Maybe you are, have you checked their official views?
>>

>That would be hard to do since there isn't an official definition of the
>word. It is simply a word used by people to describe anyone who disagrees
>with their more liberal point of view. In your eyes, I may be a neo-con, but
>to more conservative people, I would be a liberal....And who is "their"
>anyways? The black helicopter people?

Check out the Project for the New American Century, it's -relatively
official- and includes all the -real neocons-.  If you -pretty much
agree with them- then you're a neo-conservative.  Remember that the
neo-conservatives have adopted the term so it's gaining widespread
recognition.

>>>and I certainly
>>>don't support his religious views.
>>>

>>They're unrelated.
>>

>Not necessarily since many people choose to use the "neo-con" word to imply
>a person has dreams of religious rule.

Only the ones who aren't aware that the neo-con agenda was formed by
athiests, Jews and Christians alike with no particular religious focus.

>>>I am an atheist and I disagree with many
>>>parts of the Bush agenda.
>>>

>>Just the part about killing arabs for grins and giggles, huh?
>>

>Just curious. Do you honestly believe that Bush is killing arabs for grins
>and giggles?

Pretty much.  It makes him happy when they die.

> Do you think that any US president has enjoyed the idea of
>killing anyone for fun?

There have been several generals who were presidents of the united
states.  I have found that warriors who are successful have to find a
way to enjoy what they do and in personal research I know plenty of army
personnel who "like the action", so yes, I do think that.  I believe,
for instance, that Andrew Jackson actually enjoyed killing indians.

> Whther you like it or not, Bush is a human being who
>was born and raised in the US. The odds are overwhelming that he has a great
>deal of respect for life in general.

As everywhere, evidence is what counts.  What I see are bombs, dying
people, etc.

> Even id his decision was wrong, it
>doesn;t mean he liked the idea.

He certainly did profit from it and it made some really nice cameos and
boosted his presidential ratings enough to make the second election look
reasonable.

>Many people do things they don't like
>because they think it is the right thing to do. Are you so different that
>you can;t comprehend this concept?

I don't believe that Mr.  Bush has the same concept of "right thing to
do" that I have.  I genuinely believe that he's interested in gaining as
much power as possible using whatever means necessary and if people have
to die in the process, so be it.  Yes, that makes him VERY different
from me.

>>Of course, the so-called "left" is really just a shill for the so-called
>>"right".  I think I've said that here before.
>>

>OMG. You have to be joking. You need to see a qualified psychologist because
>you are having difficulty with reality. "left", middle,  and "right" are
>simply labels applied broadly to people in groups of similar opinions. They
>are applied to separate groups because they are dissimilar enough to justify
>a second grouping. You are implying that everyone has the same basic
>beliefs. Get help.

No, I'm implying that the ideological difference between the American
Left and the  American Right is so slight as to be negligible since they
both have the primary function of maintaining the status quo.  This
includes now the libertarians who -apparently- are supporting the
state's imperialist ambitions.

>>>So why does an atheist transhumanist vote in support of an administration
>>>with a religious ideology?
>>>

>>And a penchant for war profiteering?
>>

>War profiteering? Give me a break. Who's stocks went up as a result of the
>war?

UDI - look it up.  Biggest post-dot-com IPO.  Look who the angels were,
Carlyle Group.  Are you seriously unaware of this?  Haliburton, billions
of dollars lost mysteriously.  Cheney, stilling getting his
million-dollar-a-year pension.  They're not the only ones.

>>>Kerry though, probably
>>>couldn;t even predict what Kerry was going to do
>>>

>>Funny, I recall him spelling out exactly what he was going to do.  He
>>was going to go to the UN, appologize for having invaded Iraq and ask
>>for their assistance in establishing a legitmate and peaceful government
>>in Iraq.  A reasonable proposition that I think would have been welcomed
>>at the UN.
>>

>Exactly. He "SAID" he was going to do that. He also said a good number of
>other things and they just happened to contradict each other. You have
>simply chosen to bellive this particular statement. That doesn;t mean he
>

>would have done it.

Which other things do you think he said he was going to do?  What
context were they brought up. That's the position he took on his website
publicly and officially.

>>>I knew exactly where Bush stands
>>>

>>Kerry was a flip-flopper wildcard.  Bush is a sturdy known quantity.  I
>>get it.  Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
>>

>Exactly.

Do you suddenly get hungry when McDonalds commercials come on too?

>>Me, on the other hand, I regarded the pineapple up my @ss as unbearable
>>and anything was worth the switch.
>>

>Would you have felt the same if the replacement were a grenade disguised as
>a suppository?

Well, if the pineapple up my ass is really hurting me and someone says
they could replace it with whatever is in the black box and it's
relatively the same size as the pineapple, I might take the chance just
because they'd have to take the pineaplle out for a second to get the
other thing in, I might be able to run or something.

>>>And I am not a Bush supporter by the way.
>>>

>>We all make only practical choices.  I'm not a kerry supporter, so in
>>the end, I voted for my father.   I learned long ago that they never
>>listen to me anyway.
>>

>Will you acknowledge then that everyone who disagrees with you is not an
>idiot? That there may be at least one single person out there who voted for
>Bush for a reason that was valuable to them and their agenda and that every
>single person who voted for Bush is not a "dumbf**k"?

Okay, I'll grant that there are simultaneously evil people and stupid
people who voted for Bush, and a little bit of both sometimes in the
same individual.

Robbie Lindauer