[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 06:58:12 UTC 2005

"We are good, they are bad" has been the main attitude of groups
toward the rest of the world throughout history, and despite the
suffering it has caused it has probably justified itself in historical
and evolutionary terms. But now xenofoby has exhausted its utility and
is doing only harm and no good.
We have to understand that in today's world there cannot be US and
THEM. Or more precisely, US must mean us humans (and tomorrow us
sentient beings), and THEM must mean the limits that the universe has
imposed on our species. This is the only war which makes sense.
I want ONE WORLD where we work together at building the future of our
species. Well of course this is naive at this moment: until we can
cure sociopathy with a pill there will always be sociopaths around
(everywhere, and speaking every language) to fuck up our efforts.
Sooner or later we will have the pill, and in the meantime we should
continue trying to promote rationality over hormonal aggressive pack
G.