[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 22:26:58 UTC 2005

As you've said many times before, "we get the government we deserve". Yes, we deserve this government we have, we will be stuck with it for generations to come. We will be stuck with police who take bribes; bad 'justice' system; ugly prison system; all the way up into the highest ranks of government. We will continue to have a mediocre POTUS (look at this decade, it is shaping up to be like the '70s in terms of POTUS-- Nixon, Ford, Carter-- cripes).
Americans want a very clean environment, but all the same they want the highest standard of living in the world? They want change but they want anachronism? They want greed but they want piety?
We really do get the government we deserve.