[extropy-chat] Re: Wow! The world of worms

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 19 16:26:09 UTC 2005

From:  mail at harveynewstrom.com

Amara Graps writes:
>>Another news note regarding worms is this: Worm Wars!

>It's like Deja Vu all over again.

>Does anybody remember my talk at Extro-5 in 2001 on "The Battle for Your
>Online Identity"?  I described spyware programs which took over people's
>home PC's and battled each other for control of that turf.  I predicted
>that this would get worse in the future.

>This stuff has been going on for a long time between different hacker
>factions.  It is just that most people don't have any real view into
>cyberspace to see what is really going on behind the screen.

"Privacy Today: The Battle for Your Online Identity"
http://www.extropy.org/events.htm

Other talks on the topic at Extro-5:

  "Authority Without Identity"  Mark Miller
  "Proplets and Smart Contracts" Nick Szabo
  "Fighting for More Privacy: Zero Knowledge Techniques" Tad Hogg
  "Fighting for Less Privacy: The Transparency Option" Lee Daniel Crocker
  "Privacy Tomorrow: The Far Future of Online Identity" Nick Szabo"

I just searched the archives for posts in 200/2001 on the topic of identity
and lost track of time!

Natasha