[extropy-chat] Betting on Global Warming

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 22 06:14:52 UTC 2005

Thanks for posting the update here Hal.

I liked the caption on James blog "If I have seen further than
others it is by stepping on the toes of giants".

James sounds like my stereotype of a New Yorker.

It is interesting to see idea futures type ideas getting a run,
and in Robin's lifetime.  I'm not much of a fan of creditting
the dead and impoverising the living myself.

I was curious about the legal situation, I've been, loosely,
tracking developments here in Australia, I noticed that James
is apparently in Japan.

Interesting idea using a blog to offer contingency bets. That
might even be legal here in Victoria, Australia. Legal for
the Australian side anyway, not so sure about how it would
be for say a person betting with me publicly from say the
US side.

I think they'd be running the risk of prosecution, however
great that risk is in practice, I don't know.

Brett Paatsch