[extropy-chat] IS IT TIME TO RATION FUEL?

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 22 05:58:56 UTC 2005

The answer is to lure some of the options/futures/derivatives profits
away and into the tech
area to renew the drive to reduce energy use by  expanding the virtual
technologies.

Smart energy management technologies become highly cost effective and
there is a strong incentive
to develop and purchase them.

High energy industries like travel, physical product distribution and
agriculture are skewered initially.

High fuel will force annual agriculture with brute force machines to
convert to perennial agriculture,
pharmaceutical agriculture and fuel biomass agriculture in which food is
an incidental by-product
and thus food supply will dwindle and prices will increase but food
quality and nutraceuticalization
will be increase in order to justify the price.

So long as debt remains high I hope interest rates will stay down so
that actual risk taking is
favored instead of  banking of money in banks instead of direct
investment into risk capital.

Crisis causes change or rather muffles  the excuses to forego
undertaking  change.

In Agriculture I'd like to see novel food sources become more acceptable
as traditional
food escalates in value.

Worms, beetles, mice, rats, and other small , efficient , short
production cycle food sources
might be just around the corner.

Instead of 500 cows how about a rat ranch with 500,000 rats or 3,000,000
mice and 300,000,000 dung  beetles
to scavange and convert the waste into useable food and medicinal products?

A rat farm raising double muscled, white meat CLA, GLA, antioxidant and
nutraceutical loaded GMO livestock?

Implanting RFID, GPS and biocontrol chips in each rat might make
management more efficient as well.

Far better than the "soylent vat" stuff.