Oxygenating the flame in threads was Re: [extropy-chat] a futurist prediction

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Aug 25 02:18:05 UTC 2005

Hm. I appreciate your intentions here. And I do understand the
mechanics. Been around for a while, etc. etc.

What I was doing, imho, was exactly what you are saying. I was
whining. Profusely. Except for the Flying Spaghetti Monster, because
that was serious. But censorship? None. I don't even have a killfile
myself because I view it as intellectual cowardice. Yes, that is also
imho. Take the good with the bad.

But, but - but: The 'a futurist prediction' thread had the 'Bush is a
(biological process, product, and/or verb)' meme inserted, and, well
I wasn't up for another run through the long dirt remnants of that
particular horse.

Could I have ignored it? Perhaps. I did the first eight times. Months
ago.

Fan the flames? Doubt it. I could produce more flames pointing out
that there are more similarities between Robbie and Mike than there
are differences, and that I think we'd all enjoy a beer together, if
it weren't for the taxation and the price of oiiiillllllll. /segue,
duck under chair, etc.

Anyway. I'll go back to watching threads go by then. Haven't seen
shunning work since the BBS days though.

Thanks for the chat.

Bret Kulakovich