[extropy-chat] ping - please ignore

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 05:50:31 UTC 2005

--- Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> I sent a message to David McFadzean my Sunday
> morning (US' Saturday night)
> that the list was down (obviously), so some of us
> were trying to notify.
> Maybe he away, but perhaps there can be backup folks
> to contact when
> this happens. A group that advocates technology
> needs to put on a face
> that their own technology works, I think.
>
> (I would be interested to know what happened too)

Care to wager it was a routine maintenance/upgrade
reboot? It was only one day after all, and servers
need some love too. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson