[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Fri Dec 2 16:25:13 UTC 2005

gts,

> My field of vision seems to be near the front of my brain, somewhere near
> the general vicinity of my eyes, but actually it's in the back of my
> brain. Obviously an illusion.

You've almost got it!  Your knowledge of your field of vision seems to be
near the front of your knowledge of your brain (or skull) somewhere near the
general vicinity of your knowledge of your eyes.  Some of this knowledge is
accurate and some of it is inaccurate - or deceiving.  And some of it - your
knowledge of yourself looking out of your skull - has no referent in reality
at all.  But this doesn't mean your phenomenal knowledge of yourself doesn't
exist.

Brent Allsop