[extropy-chat] World map of human ES cell and nuclear transferpolicies.

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Tue Dec 6 14:19:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, The Avantguardian wrote:

> What about pest-resistant crops that reduce
> the amount of toxic pesticides used on the crops?

I've seen more of the opposite - GM crops that are modified
specifically to tolerate a higher level of pesticides and
herbicides, so the producers can spray all the poisons they
want without worrying about the plants.

Almost as evil as patenting an already existing gene, and
then trying to use the courts to forbid self-sustaining
farmers in eg. India from sowing previously harvested seeds
that happen to have the gene in it (and have had said gene
for hundreds of years).