[extropy-chat] symmetrical snow and sudoku

Herb Martin HerbM at learnquick.com
Tue Dec 6 19:32:15 UTC 2005

For those (like myself) who do not know what SuDoku is, there is a

good wikipedia page on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuDoku

There are plenty of computerized solvers also; some of them
use brute force (as seems to be described earlier in this thread)
and others restrict themselves to using logical methods that
are (easily) available to humans.

Generally when solving a Sudoku, I also restrict myself to the
logical methods and avoid doing the, "well what if I just try
# here, and see what happens."

I find the fun is to discover how the 'logical rules' can solve the
puzzle.

There are sites which describe both 'beginner' level and more
advanced rules.  (I can likely look up my notes if you need them.)

Gnu Sudoku comes with source code.  (Python if I recall correctly.)

--
Herb Martin