[extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 15 01:07:09 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> If I cannot hold America as a whole responsible for what America does
> in the world then who can I hold responsible?

Those Americans who actually implement that which you would
assign responsibility for.  America is not one giant whole, and
if you treat it as such for the purposes of declaring enemies,
you make a lot of enemies out of those who might otherwise be
your best allies.  Even if it seems simpler, it doesn't actually
work in the end.