[extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 15 07:55:58 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Well, what do you think, would *you* do that?  You are making
> me justify what I am saying but what are you prepared to do if
> you agree with me?

I have, in fact, been exploring the idea myself.  I have but
limited time, with several commitments of greater personal
priority...but I have, in fact, repeatedly asked my
Representative, Anna Eshoo, when (not if) she will attempt to
begin impeachment proceedings against Bush and Cheney.  Her
answers so far have been that she prefers change to happen via
the ballot box - ignoring the issue that, barring Constitutional
amendment, Bush and Cheney won't be up for election to their
current respective offices ever again.

> You are offering me procedural advice. I don't need procedural
> advice.
>
> I just want to know what you personally think.

I think, as I have long thought, that if one is so irritated by
an issue as to spend the time to write up and post long,
emotion-filled screeds about it, then one can usually tap that
same emotion to motivate one to actually do something about it,
and leave us all the better for having the issue taken care of.
Which is why I offered advice as to how to do it.