US not right to invade say Iraqis Re: [extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Fri Dec 16 01:51:10 UTC 2005

Brett Paatsch wrote:

> Spike wrote:
>
>>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brett Paatsch

>>> ... Bush or Cheney to atone for any wrongs they might have
>>> done?
>>>
>>> That's what I want, an atoning. I want America to atone.
>>>
>>> Brett Paatsch
>>

>> Brett, are you volunteering to tell the Iraqis they
>> won't be voting anymore?
>

> No Spike I'm not. That's for the Iraqis to decide.

The irony here is, they would not be able to decide that, if we had not
overthrown Saddam Hussein. They would still be under the jackboot of
Saddam and his vicious sons. The rape rooms would still be in operation.
People would still be thrown living into plastic shredders... head-first
if the death was to be merciful.

They would not be able to decide anything, if the United States had not
acted. I find it a good thing that we did act, and Saddam is no longer
in power and able to terrorize his subjects. Was it perfect in execution
and aftermath? No, of course not, and nobody is suggesting otherwise.
Neither was World War II. But it is better than the alternative.

Joseph