US not right to invade say Iraqis Re: [extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Alan Brooks albrooks2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 02:24:35 UTC 2005

Also there are those who claim to be anti-war but who are more anti-American than they are antiwar. For example it may appear a small point yet hardline Communists involved in the antiwar movement want global class war with themselves taking power (after all, if counterrevolutionaries are going to be executed & imprisoned, who better to do the deeds than yourself?).
  The main thing is, the war isn't superficial, and people in the region have long memories. Family is extremely important to them, for instance Arabs and Israelis have been killing their opponent's kin for so long that revenge has become institutionalised, they've been killing combatants relatives for going on six decades so combatants harbor little regret in taking their revenge later on... far too many in the Mideast want revenge for there to be peace, in my lifetime at least.
   Can't speak for anyone else, though; if any of you want to actively work for peace you of course may do so-- just count some of us out.

Joseph Bloch <transhumanist at goldenfuture.net> wrote:
  >The irony here is, they would not be able to decide that, if we had not
>overthrown Saddam Hussein. They would still be under the jackboot of
>Saddam and his vicious sons. The rape rooms would still be in operation.
>People would still be thrown living into plastic shredders... head-first
>if the death was to be merciful.
>They would not be able to decide anything, if the United States had not
>acted. I find it a good thing that we did act, and Saddam is no longer
>in power and able to terrorize his subjects. Was it perfect in execution
>and aftermath? No, of course not, and nobody is suggesting otherwise.
>Neither was World War II. But it is better than the alternative.

>Joseph

nattering nabob of positivism since 1976