[extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 16 02:40:02 UTC 2005

--- Joseph Bloch <transhumanist at goldenfuture.net> wrote:
> nvitamore at austin.rr.com wrote:
> >I'd like to read posts on extropy and the future.
>
> As would I; that's why I asked rather than just posting away.
>
> However, are incendiary and factually incorrect posts about politics
> be simply ignored in the interests of maintaining such a policy?

Ah, and there's one of the major problems.  When facts disagree,
people feel the need to correct them - and then the corrected
ones feel the need to correct the corrections, and so forth.
While these corrections are exchanged, the volume of messages
other people see as irrelevant keeps piling up.

Perhaps some could say, "We don't care who's right.  We don't
care about the topic.  Stop the debate.  You have expressed your
basic points of view.  None of you can 'win' any further than
that.  Any further effort whatsoever to attempt to achieve that
end here at this time will only turn people against you,
regardless of how mislead or misinformed you believe them to be."