US not right to invade say Iraqis Re: [extropy-chat]letter concerning presidential growth

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Fri Dec 16 02:53:41 UTC 2005

Not being an expert in international law, I am not qualified to render a
judgement on the question.

Being a student of current events, however, I can say that opinion among
such experts is divided on the subject, and thus it is entirely possible
that the invasion of Iraq was entirely within the bounds of
international law and the United Nations resolutions on the subject.

As for your last question, I would say that in this particular case, the
ends have justified the means retroactively. It is better that Saddam
Hussein and his brutal regime are out of power, and a democratic system
of government seems to be taking root. I would never want to make a
blanket assertion. Although I might ask you, Brett; do you believe that
the ends never justify the means?

Joseph