[extropy-chat] Nuclear terraforming

Hartmut Prochaska hartmut.prochaska at gmx.net
Fri Dec 16 22:27:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I don't have my copy of Fogg's Terraforming
> (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1560916095/qid=1134703453/sr=8-9/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i7_xgl14/104-8875538-3560751?n=507846&s=books&v=glance)
> handy nor have I scanned it, but that text does discuss terraforming
> Venus. IIRC, the author doesn't discuss using nuclear explosives for
> it, and he was pretty skeptical about the bacterial seeding of Sagan
> and others.
>
> If you like, email me off-list this weekend, and I'll check the book
> for you. If you can't wait, Amazon sells it from US$900. Of course,
> your local library might have it too.

I guess this price sounds better :D

Our price in EUR:	 	95.51

http://www.missing-link.de/cgi/search.py?sid=1303275140&quicksearch=Terraforming%3a+Engineering+Planetary+Environments&lang=en&x=0&y=0

but the side also says "Maybe not available!". Is this book realy so rare to
justify the above price? I found some other sides and all had the exorbitant
high price displayed on amazon.

cheers
Hartmut
--
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and
crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures