[extropy-chat] Vinge's next novel, Rainbow's End

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 04:36:44 UTC 2005

On 12/16/05, "Hal Finney" <hal at finney.org> wrote:

> I think Vinge needs to come to grips with the potential of a localizer
> net for misuse by facist governments.  I don't know what his politics
> are but this description makes it sound like this threat is somewhat
> being whitewashed and government presented solely as a benevolent force.

### Somebody who wrote "Peacewar", "The Ungoverned" and "Marooned in
Realtime", unless suffering from advanced dementia, would be unlikely
to see the government as a benevolent force. The review probably
conceals more than it reveals.

I started becoming an anarchocapitalist only after reading these three books.

Rafal