[extropy-chat] Re: US not right to invade say Iraqis

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Dec 17 17:25:39 UTC 2005

"Brett Paatsch" <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au>

> It wasn't just an idea, it was an action. An inherently
> dishonourable action

I realize that,... now. It was dishonorable not because it broke some
mythical thing called "international law" but because it was based
on something that was untrue, the entire Weapons of Mass
Destruction crap. I don't know if they were lying or if they really
believed that load of putrid shit.
And I don't know which is more disturbing either.

> You weren't *seeing* the real gameboard and the importance of
> international law

And I don't see the importance of international law to this day. People
forget but at one time it looked like Bush had a good chance of getting
UN approval for the war; if he wasn't such a bumbling diplomat
it could very well have happened. But if that had happened would you
now be saying good things about Bush? I wouldn't because Iraq would
still be a horrible mess.

Or suppose Bush invaded without the UN seal of approval but he found
loads of weapons of mass destruction just as he said he would, and the
Iraqi people really did greet American soldiers as liberators, and today
Iraq was peaceful free and prosperous; would you still say bad things
about Bush? I wouldn't.

  John K Clark