[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (wasletterconcerningpresidential growth)

Herb Martin HerbM at learnquick.com
Sat Dec 17 22:02:57 UTC 2005

> Anyway this is a diversion but I needed to say it
> Spike. I like you but I think the reason you can't
> see the difference between Kerry and Bush is
> that you are probably not smart enough.

No, more likely the reason he can't see the different
with Kerry is that he only heard (or remembered) a
portion of the positions that Kerry took since Kerry
managed to take every possible position, sometimes
within the same utterance.

Agree with Bush or not, you know where he stands;
Kerry only stood for Bush.

As to moral levels we must assume that anyone with
the big picture you tout can see the good in freeing
25,000,000 people from the murderous regime of Saddam
and the value in moving the entire middle east towards
democratic governments even if they don't happen to
agree politically with Bush, or care about the war on
terrorism, or like the US.

Freeing 25,000,000 trumps pretty much any of your
petty squabbling and attempts to re-write history.

The UN Security Council voted UNANIMOUSLY in binding
resolution 1441 that Iraq was in breach AND to require
Saddam to comply.

No subsequent resolution was every voted and so it
remained the controlling resolution -- understood by
all who voted as authorizing force.

So unless you wish to see those 25,000,000 re-enslaved
by Saddam it is time to learn to see the BIG PICTURE
and realize that no matter what you petty political
feelings this was a VERY GOOD THING.

--
Herb Martin