[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (was letterconcerningpresidential growth)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 17 23:24:58 UTC 2005

At 08:42 AM 12/18/2005 +1100, Brett wrote:

>Anyway this is a diversion but I needed to say it
>Spike. I like you but I think the reason you can't
>see the difference between Kerry and Bush is
>that you are probably not smart enough.

Not... very... likely... Brett, he said judiciously.

You do realize that Spike is a dinkie-di** rocket scientist? You did notice
his recent post where he amusingly mentioned in passing that his SAT scores
were 1330 out of a possible 1600 -- which, according to a web site, is
approximately the equivalent of an IQ of 140.

If it takes more intelligence than that to decide if there's a significant
difference between Kerry and Bush, we're all fucked. In other words,
political differences probably depend on factors other than raw intelligence.

>Of course, someone might object and say but
>hey Brett how do you know that it is you that
>is the one that is not smart enough.

Easily tested, Brett, what's your own IQ? Not that this is an
overwhelmingly good measure of smartness, but it has a certain objectivity,
better than trading insults.

Damien Broderick
**http://www.gigglepotz.com/auslang.htm