[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (was letterconcerningpresidential growth)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 02:38:26 UTC 2005

--- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just to chime in - I also failed to see substantive
> differences
> between Kerry and Bush. To me both seem like the
> same statist garbage
> packaged in two differently colored wrappings.

I agree with you and Spike. It really wasn't much of a
choice. Just the illusion of one, which is how
democracies are manipulated these days. The primaries
serve to weed out all the candidates that the elite
don't approve of until you get two "safe" candidates
that will serve their masters well. So you end up with
a Yalee Bonesman hawk marketed as wine drinker running
against a Yalee Bonesman chickenhawk marketed as a
beer drinker. That the stock portfolios of their
respective masters do not completely overlap will make
little difference to the average American. Although I
could see how foreigners might think they have a stake
in it. After all the President can't authorize the use
of cruise missiles against Americans . . . or can he?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)