[extropy-chat] Meta: Political topics, opinions and discussions

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Dec 19 10:44:12 UTC 2005

What contributes most to list discord imho is bright people who
cannot seem to manage to discuss certain topics without going
irrational and attacking speakers or the very act of speaking about
some topics.  Folks, if we are going to have a chance in hell of
pulling through this period in human history then we have to develop
a bit more equanimity and maturity than this.   I am really disgusted
by all the wringing of hands and slamming closed communication every
time certain subjects come up.  It would be fine if we simply
insisted those subjects are dealt with in a more quality way.  But
that is not what we are doing.

- samantha