[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (was letterconcerningpresidential growth)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Dec 19 21:31:04 UTC 2005

On Dec 17, 2005, at 6:38 PM, The Avantguardian wrote:

> --- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just to chime in - I also failed to see substantive
>> differences
>> between Kerry and Bush. To me both seem like the
>> same statist garbage
>> packaged in two differently colored wrappings.
>
> I agree with you and Spike. It really wasn't much of a
> choice. Just the illusion of one, which is how
> democracies are manipulated these days.

Yep.  I voted for Badnarik.  I couldn't see voting for death by
firing squad vs. death by lethal injection.   Since 9/11 and although
I am certainly not a registered Democrat, I have occasionally sent
leaders to various Democrat party leaders pleading with them to take
stands that would differentiate their party from that of the pseudo-
Republican neocons.  I received nothing but mealy mouth excuses and
the kind of "reasons" I see on CNN back.   This led me to the
conclusion that what is really going on is that almost all of the
federal politicos are reading from the same play book for reasons
they have not bothered to share with the public.   I could take some
guesses what those reasons are.  In the meantime I see no point in
casting votes in federal elections.

- samantha