[extropy-chat] warfare and masculinity

Alan Brooks albrooks2006 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 22:51:52 UTC 2005

What I was attempting to point out by mentioning what I was told forty five years ago-- "a real man will serve his country and lay down his life"--is how slowly the situation has changed in forty five years, and how slowly the situation will likely change in the next forty five years:

  "our notions of warfare and masculinity are shaped by the era of hunting and gathering..."-- Richard Brookhiser

nattering nabob of positivism since 1976
http://mail.yahoo.com