[extropy-chat] Impeachment of President Bush What odds am Ioffered?

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 06:40:25 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Jeff Davis wrote:

> > Before Jan of 2007: 1 in 10
>
> You sure Jeff, i.e. you have US$10K in assets
> you are willing to guarantee with and effectively
> place in escrow now?

I'm sorry, Brett, I didn't mean to imply that I was
actually taking the bet.  Truth is I haven't two
nickels to rub together.  Which might be bad news
except I have a rich wife who is devoted to me -- go
figure -- and who has a summer home in Canada, and a
winter home in Mexico.  It's better to be lucky than
smart.

Please accept my invitation.  If you ever find
yourself on this side of the big pond, please stop in
for a visit.  I'll put another Yank on the barbie.
Maybe that Herb Martin guy.

Best, Jeff Davis

           "I thought I was taller."*
                           Milton Berle

* Uncle Milty raises his stogey as if to take a puff,
then jabs his forehead with the chewed-on end.  And
says,...