[extropy-chat] The Singularity Institute's 2006 $100, 000 Singularity Challenge - Double Your Gift!

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Tue Dec 20 16:24:35 UTC 2005

At 10:53 AM 12/20/2005, Tyler wrote:

>In collaboration with the former CEO of PayPal, Peter Thiel, The Singularity
>Institute announces our 2006 $100,000 Singularity Challenge. All
>contributions will be matched dollar-for-dollar by Thiel, up to $100,000.
>
>We have a remarkable opportunity to advance our endeavor at this time. We
>hope you will contribute what you can: http://www.singularitychallenge.com.

I hope everyone visits Singularity Institute's site and makes a
contribution.  No matter how large or small, every cent counts.

Proaction!

Natasha

>Contributions for a 2005 tax writeoff must be made by December 31st.
>
>Our 2006 Work in Detail: http://www.singinst.org/challenge/#our_work_details
>
>Our December 2005 newsletter: http://www.singinst.org/newsletter/2005.3/
>
>With best wishes,
>
>~~
>Tyler Emerson | Executive Director
>The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
>Box 50182 | Palo Alto, CA 94303 | T-F: 866.667.2524
>emerson at singinst.org | http://www.singinst.org

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
Future Studies, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
Honorary Vice-Chair, <http://transhumanism.org/>World Transhumanist
Association
Senior Associate, <http://foresight.org/>Foresight Institute
Advisor, <http://alcor.org/>Alcor Life Extension Foundation

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective.
Buckminster Fuller