[extropy-chat] Re: US not right to invade say Iraqis

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Dec 20 16:37:44 UTC 2005

"Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>

> It was acknowledged as being true by the US.  Why quibble?

Quibble? If you really think that is true and sincerely believe that the
primary reason Saddam invaded Kuwait was because Kuwait was stealing its oil
them you have successfully tortured the facts to make them fit your world
view, a world view where the USA is always on the side of evil.
Congratulations.

>  We weren't incompetent.  We set him up exactly as we intended.

So lets see, we deliberately tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait so we could
spend hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives and push the
borders back to exactly where they were before. Tell me Samantha, do you
also believe the government has a flying saucer and an alien locked up at
area 51?

> We even worked hard to make up enough to make our
> actions seem reasonable.

Far from being reasonable your theory makes not one tiny particle of sense.

>> Me:
>>  Saudi Arabia would rather eat ground glass than let American soldiers on
>> their land but they did it anyway because they knew they were next on
>> Saddam's hit list and
>> he had the fourth largest army on Earth; they could never stop him alone.

>That is the story we told but I very much doubt it.

Why? Saudi Arabia was certain of an imminent invasion in 91 or they'd never
in a thousand years let American soldiers on their soil; and today I can
find absolutely no reason not to believe they were dead right. After all, if
you can invade one rich neighbor and the West does nothing you might as well
invade another even richer neighbor.

   John K Clark