[extropy-chat] Intelligent Design -- take *this*...

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 22:03:24 UTC 2005

Here is the court's opinion on the question of whether ID is science:

"After a searching review of the record and applicable caselaw, we find
that
while ID arguments may be true, a proposition on which the Court takes no
position, ID is not science. We find that ID fails on three different
levels, any one
of which is sufficient to preclude a determination that ID is science.
They are: (1)
ID violates the centuries-old ground rules of science by invoking and
permitting
supernatural causation; (2) the argument of irreducible complexity,
central to ID,
employs the same flawed and illogical contrived dualism that doomed
creation
science in the 1980's; and (3) ID’s negative attacks on evolution have
been refuted
by the scientific community. As we will discuss in more detail below, it is
additionally important to note that ID has failed to gain acceptance in
the scientific
community, it has not generated peer-reviewed publications, nor has it
been the
subject of testing and research."

-gts