[extropy-chat] Impeachment of President Bush What odds am Ioffered?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 20 23:04:54 UTC 2005

Spike, this is a binary proposition, either President Bush will be
impeached or not. Every thing except him being inpeached falls
into the category of Not.  You are a maths guy, so the proposition
must interest you from a maths standpoint.

You said you couldn't distinguish between Bush and Kerry on
matters that mattered to you. Kerry never condoned the illegal
invasion of Iraq. Your statement and unwillingness to come to
terms with the legal question worries me frankly because it
seems to illustrate how well based is my concern that the rule
of law doesn't matter to Americans when they are not directly
affected. It simply doesn't matter to you, though I think it
ought.

Perhaps you don't care or see a moral side to this or perhaps
you do. But you can't help but see a maths and profit opportunity
side to a binary question. You love capitalism Spike so its not
fear of making a profit that is holding you back surely. Nor is
it the inability to make a judgement. Perhaps you don't know
what is involved in impeachment, perhaps you are not that
engaged in the processes of your own country which previous
generations of American put in place as checks and balances.

>From my standpoint I think I am offering a bet on the character
of the American people and that is why I am looking for odds.
I'm pessimistic that the American people will do the right thing
for the right reason but I'm wanting to do the responsible thing
in encouraging them to at least think about it, hence this bet.

You have an opportunity here to think about a political question
that has extropic significance and to personally profit from doing
so.  There is no fence sitting vote for Badnarik or whatever that
irrelevant guys name was option here.  Just maths, just profit
opportunity with accompanying risk for you and the requirement
for you to make a judgement.  To care. To get involved.

What do you say Spike? What odds?

Brett Paatsch