[extropy-chat] Singularitarian verses singularity

Brandon Reinhart transcend at extropica.com
Wed Dec 21 08:26:23 UTC 2005

> There are plenty of singularitarians that see the singularity as a time of
immense risk to the survival of our biosphere.

Actually, I'd adjust this to say probably all singularitarians believe this.
I doubt anyone thinks we'll get a free pass to an ideal future.
Singularitarians who really grasp the potential of strong AI combined with
nanotech are scared as hell at the possibility of doing things wrong.

So why wait for the Sword to fall? That's part of where the activist
imperative comes from. (Or so it seems to me, I'm still in the early stages
of developing this point of view.)

- Brandon