[extropy-chat] MUSIC: Heavy Metal

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Thu Dec 22 07:59:34 UTC 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 9:35 PM, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> Windows only alas.  That is too high a cost for me.

I use Digitally Imported (di.fm), almost exclusively.  It works on
Linux and OSX (first hand experience on both accounts), and it is
free up to 96kbps mp3 (or better formats).  Subscriptions are
something like US$10/month for 160kbps streams.

The selection of music they stream does not cover all possible
tastes, but the channels are narrowly focused and the selection of
channels is broad (and growing).  Worth checking out for Internet
music if the channels appeal.  At any given moment, they appear to be
streaming to the tens of thousands, so they have a pretty good
audience.  I've found more good new music on their various channels
over the last few years than a lifetime of FM radio.

J. Andrew Rogers