[extropy-chat] Biophotons And The Universal Light Code

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 19:58:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 05:28:05 -0500, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pseudo-science. Claims that zero point energy and quantum fluctuations
> cause all the psychic nonsense that you want to believe.

Seems reasonable, but what about the existence of biophotons separate from
those far-out claims?

They make less extraordinary claims also, for example:

"This light emission is an expression of the functional state of the
living organism and its measurement therefore can be used to assess this
state. Cancer cells and healthy cells of the same type, for instance, can
be discriminated by typical differences in biophoton emission.  After an
initial decade and a half of basic research on this discovery,
biophysicists of various European and Asian countries are now exploring
the many interesting applications which range across such diverse fields
as cancer research, non-invasive early medical diagnosis, food and water
quality testing, chemical and electromagnetic contamination testing, cell
communication, and various applications in biotechnology."

http://soundingcircle.com/newslog2.php/__show_article/_a000195-000583.htm

If biophotons are real then I wonder why the US is not studying them. But
are they real?

-gts