[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution of Wealth (was Singulartarians)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 05:19:26 UTC 2005

I have emerged from mediation with an idea. The idea
is, I believe, a method by which the government can
raise extremely substantial funds from the wealthiest
Americans on a voluntary basis without bloodshed or
any new taxes. The problem I have is this: The idea
encompasses only the raising of these funds and does
not include any provisions on how to ensure that the
money so raised will not merely be wasted by the
government, as tax dollars are, on stupid wars but
instead judiciously used to promote the survival and
welfare of mankind, to ameliorate the plight of the
poor and the elderly, to futher scientific research
and exploration, and to generally promote extropic
ideals. This idea is potentially big enough to do all
these things but since only the government can
implement this idea, it could also be abused to the
detriment of peace and security. Do I tell anyone or
do I sit on it?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)