[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution of Wealth (wasSingulartarians)

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 01:13:24 UTC 2005

By the way aren't moving rapidly toward a cashless society anyway? I find
less and less need for cash. Even fast-food drive-throughs take debit
cards these days.

Samantha, excuse me you did make a point: legally you can probably force a
merchant to sell you something for $20 that he sells to other people for
$20, even if he hates Microsoft and your $20 Bill-bill. Maybe that is what
you were trying to say.

But the problem remains that these bills would be traded like baseball
cards. Their value would fluctuate all over the map.

So why not just call them baseball cards? Leave the currency alone and
create a new commodities market. Your local merchant might even accept
them in lieu of real currency.

-gts