[extropy-chat] the structure of randomness

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Dec 30 17:58:32 UTC 2005

At 03:11 AM 12/30/2005 -0500, JKC wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 "Richard Loosemore" <rpwl at lightlink.com> said:
>
> > what I was alluding to is the posibility that effects
> > happen in the world that are not random
>
>Then they have a cause, not almost a cause, or sort of a cause, or half
>a cause, but a cause.

Diverging the topic somewhat (while offering absolutely no endorsement for
what follows), this might be worth looking into:

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/time.html

It appears to show some surprising regularities within or atop various
stochastic structures, correlating with, for example, sidereal rather than
terrestrial/solar time. A possible connection between global and quantal
scales?

Is this relevant to SL4? Dunno, but it shocks me.

Damien Broderick