[extropy-chat] the structure of randomness

Sat Dec 31 06:52:19 UTC 2005

On Dec 30, 2005, at 11:21 PM, gts wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:38:17 -0500, Harvey Newstrom
> <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 30, 2005, at 5:20 PM, gts wrote:
>>
>>> I just skimmed through the original research paper. Shnoll and his
>>> colleagues freely admit the distributions pass tests for normalcy,
>>> which in the minds of many would make his observations not worthy of
>>> further investigation.
>>
>> This is my conclusion.  Nothing abnormal or unexpected here.
>
> Still there is something very peculiar going on here, (assuming of
> course that Shnoll is not a crackpot who doctors his data).

What part of "the distributions pass tests for normalcy" do you not
understand?  There is literally, rigorously, mathematically nothing
abnormal here.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP