[extropy-chat] Re: The Force of Human Freedom

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 19:04:18 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 4:18 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 06:01:35PM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:
>
>> Precisely why are you being rather uncharacteristically and seemingly
>> childishly snide?  In my opinion whether we see the world as so
>
> I'm frustrated. It's easy enough to tell.
>
>> polarized that we largely subvert extropian goals is one of the most
>> important things we could talk about here.
>
> The U.S. is not the world, and I've elsewhere (repeatedly) noticed that
> allowing tagespolitik to creep in is a surefire recipe to let the
> list (any list, unless it's dedicated to trivia) go to the dogs.

The US is not the world.   Fine, but it is the biggest economy, by far
the strongest militarily and increasingly bent on forcing everything it
can to go its way.   So that the US is not the world hardly makes it
prudent to ignore it.

I'm probably being dense but what is tagespolitik?If we who share a
heap of core values can not learn to communicate effectively about
things political then I find that very demoralizing and troubling.

I think we will hove to learn to do things a great deal more difficult
than that.

- samantha