[extropy-chat] Silicon Valley pod villages?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 15:41:48 UTC 2005

Not with me, I thought it a legitimate observation.  All along
the U.S. west coast, housing prices have been sustained at absurd
levels, mostly thru artificial scarcity.  To develop land here,
one must pay off a long line of people, the greens, the natives,
the politicians, everyone who lives nearby.  For that reason,
you can be sure someone will kill the bod pod notion.  There
just isn't enough money to get the interested parties to
buy in.  There is plenty of land, Mike.  The shortage of
housing is very much intentional.

Its something this society will really need to deal with,
for the poor, and now the middle class simply cannot afford
housing in many places along the west coast.