[extropy-chat] Reaction to government lies, and the lack thereof

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Feb 9 09:37:39 UTC 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 11:34 PM, spike wrote:

> Of course I have no evidence of this, but I am not accusing
> anyone of a crime.  For a soldier, disobeying a direct legal order
> is a crime.  Forgery is a crime.  But speculation is perfectly
> legitimate.  When cBS accused w of disregarding an order,
> using falsified evidence, it committed a crime that changed
> the way we look at the mainstream media.  The sfgate site
> accuses Carl Rove of creating the forgeries, but does not attempt
> to prove it, doesn't offer a shred of evidence.  Is not this
> exactly the kind of stuff that is pushing the U.S. to the
> right?

Actually I try to keep in mind "all that is necessary for evil to win
is for the good to do nothing".   Right up there is crucifying  media
for any error, shoddiness or lack of proof while doing nothing and
keeping silent when our supposed leaders repeat known and well exposed
lies endlessly and practice levels of blatant dishonesty and dirty
tricks and even outright mayhem that no other group would ever be
allowed to get away with.

No the impotent outrage of the few is not to blame.  The blame is with
the State and those who sell themselves to it.