[extropy-chat] Reaction to government lies, and the lack thereof

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 9 21:44:06 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> > --- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> > > Hmm.  what part of that was i supposed to have
> said?
> >
> > The part that I quoted:
> >
> > > This is getting old.  Compared to the outrageous
> > > lies of this administration everything media has
> done or is
> > > alleged to have done is very small potatoes.
> >
> > Granted, the administration has done worse than
> the
> > media, but the media's own mistakes have been
> > amplified.
>
> By who? The media? Are you saying that the media is
> exaggerating its
> own corruption and incompetence?

The media's hardly a monolithic institution.  Some
parts of it do indeed thrive on harping on the decay
of other parts of it.  But big media's not all of it.
There are other organizations, instutitions, and even
individuals who've hyped it up...although, these days,
anyone who talks to anyone can arguably be called
"media" (thus my reference to "big" media).