[extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Feb 11 10:34:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:24:27PM -0500, Joseph Bloch wrote:

> Then again, over in the WTA, we see the majority hostile to the party in

Over at the WTA there's a wta-politics@, and a rather firm policy to move
polarizing, unconstructive, toxic, moronic drivel there. And to KEEP IT
THERE.

I see there's no firm support for the motion (to establish an
extropy-politics@, and list snipers to enforce thread outsorcing, to spell it
out).

Which effectively means this list is dead, on the long run.

It's on life support right now, but the decline has been so slow and steady
that you all think this is normal. This how lists ought to be, right?

Right?

> power in the U.S. to the point where they won't even work with
> Republicans on issues where they share common ground, simply on the
> basis that they're Republicans and must therefore be the embodiment of
> evil by virtue of having voted for George Bush. Yeah, THAT'S practical.
>
> The libertarians are going comatose, the liberals are going into denial.
> Where's a poor realist-- I want the Posthuman Future to HAPPEN, DAMNIT,
> and I don't care how it does!-- supposed to go?

We all have to shit. But don't shit where you eat. I can't put it any plainer
than that.