[extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Feb 11 13:02:45 UTC 2005

At 09:24 PM 2/10/2005, Joseph wrote:

>And now, having seen it, a substantial percentage of Extropians seem to
>want to plug their fingers firmly in their ears, cry "LA LA LA" at the top
>of their lungs, and pretend that politics deserves to be shunted aside to
>some ghetto of an email list because it is "boring" or somesuch. Yeah,
>THAT'S effective.
>
>Then again, over in the WTA, we see the majority hostile to the party in
>power in the U.S. to the point where they won't even work with Republicans
>on issues where they share common ground, simply on the basis that they're
>Republicans and must therefore be the embodiment of evil by virtue of
>having voted for George Bush. Yeah, THAT'S practical.
>
>The libertarians are going comatose, the liberals are going into denial.
>Where's a poor realist-- I want the Posthuman Future to HAPPEN, DAMNIT,
>and I don't care how it does!-- supposed to go?

This post got a good chuckle out of me this morning. Over in one corner is
James Hughes pushing social democrat agenda and in the other corner is Jose
Jose Cordeiro ardently defending the conservative stance.  What I really
like about this long-term debate is that they are both on the board of
WTA.  Now that is progress!

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc
President, Extropy Institute http://www.extropy.org