AnarchoCyphertopian technologies (wasRE: [extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Feb 12 21:11:02 UTC 2005

On Feb 11, 2005, at 10:42 AM, Dirk Bruere wrote:
> That *is* the 'wider community'.
>
>> You can't solve people-domain problems with technology as long that
>> technology doesn't have an intrinsic sufficient incitement, or its
>> absence sufficiently penalized. You can't make people think and act.
>>
>>> If the penalties for both were severe the problem would be vastly
>>> reduced.
>>>

>> Great! Crack down on Microsoft, mandate use of hardened, secure
>> systems. Both spam and virus problem almost instantly almost
>> completely disappears.
>>

> If it works, fine.

if the unintended consequences are worse or you run over rights ni the
process then it doesn't "work".

>>> Spam is money motivated. Make it non-cost effective to both
>>> advertise via
>>
>> Great! Lets make money flow realtime inspectable and controlled...
>> er... perhaps not.
>>

> And nobody has any idea what people and companies use spammers?
> Don't they actually include some contact details in their spam, or
> have I missed something?

It would not be that difficult to hide the ultimate money recipients
from any particular bit of spam.

> I suggest that such countries be made to take these problems seriously.
> Mandatory blocking of net traffic from ISPs within nations that fail
> to implement effective anti-spam laws might be a good way to start.

Severing the digital nervous system of a country to force compliance
with foreign dictates is a clear act of war.  What a brilliant
solution!

>>> Redefine deliberate virus promulgation as terrorism and prosecute and
>>
>> A terrorist jaywalker crossed the street before me today. I blew him
>> away
>> with my bazooka. That will teach'em, them terrorists jaywalkers. I
>> intend to
>> start on parking violation terrorists and overdressing terrorists,
>> next.
>>
>> Killin' is too good for them.
>>

> No, killin' is exactly good enough.
> I rather like the Chinese way of doing things.
> The bill for the bullet can be sent to the virus writers family.

You are seriously in need of help.