[extropy-chat] damien's psi book

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 14 00:10:16 UTC 2005

A bias in first digits of prime numbers does not lead to psi for me, it is
a characteristic of the base system in use, and the decreasing frequecy of
primes as they become larger, as has been well pointed out here.

Physical non nanotechnical devices are indeed biased, but this is
imperfection of construction IMO. Electronic devices are better, but still
until computation is based on individual particles, the same problem
applies. This bias does not refute the notion that quantum processes are
truly random, and I cannot relate it to psi.

If this is an upload or simulation, fie on the maker therof! The whole
POINT of uploading, etc, is to provide access to a better form of
experience without many of the unavoidable hazards which evolved along with
the meat. Again, I see no need for psi in this. I do note that we are, via
technology, creating many things which have the function of psi. And then some.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =