[extropy-chat] Re: [wta-talk] Two anniversaries: Galileo and Bruno

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 07:23:32 UTC 2005

This is very, very true. I often noticed that really smart and
creative people, besides developing new ideas that challenge the
accepted worldview and make others intellectually uneasy, can be a
real pain in the neck as persons: no diplomacy, no manners, arrogant,
abrasive, ready to insult everyone etc. Perhaps because at some point
they become really fed up with our inability to understand that 2+2
=4. Giordano Bruno must have been one of this kind.
What they (and us) need is an interface layer of moderately smart and
creative people able to understand what they mean and translate it to
a format understandable by the rest of us.
G.