[extropy-chat] cosmic silence

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 18:05:00 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dan Clemmensen
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] cosmic silence
>
> spike wrote:
>

> >...that certain African tribes despise and fear the Orangutan.
> >
> I think that this is unlikely. The Orangutan is native to
> Sumatra, not Africa...

Dan, they were plotting I tells ya!  A bunch of African
tribesmen hatched an evil plan to invade Indonesia
and attack those orangutans.  It would have succeeded
but for the airport security, who would not let them
board without proper driver's licenses.

(Oops.  Once again, Africa takes the blame for something
someone else was doing.)

> If killing a dolphin can feed my starving children, or let me harvest
enough shrimp to make the next
> payment
> on my shrimp boat and thereby avoid default (and keep my children from
> poverty)
> then it a dead dolphin...

Ja, one can scarcely blame hungry humans for devouring
dolphin.  That endangered species stuff only matters if
one is well fed, warm and comfortable.